The water is getting colder, the winter is starting. But you keep being attracted to the water. You want to keep exploring, you want to make memories. But, how can you do that? What is the best way to brave the cold? With a SUP! Stand Up Paddling is the best sport you can do when the winter is starting! You don’t have to hit the water, but you can dress warm in, for example, a wetsuit
on the water.
You don’t have to travel a lot, everything in your own environment is different from the water! Even if you’ve been there in the summer! The nature changes every day towards winter! This will make sure that you’ll get unbelievable experiences and discoveries! We’ll help you out with some tips & tricks!
Paddle Boarding Gear
While paddle boarding in the winter you’ll need some gear for a safe and successful session. First of all, you’ll need a leash coil
. If you fall off the board in cold water, you don’t want to lose your board in the water.
The next thing that is included in your SUP Package which you should take with you is a dry bag
. You can store items, which you could need in here, like a cell phone, some money and water. We’d recommend you to take hot and cold water with you. You can get really thirsty and cold, so both of these will be nice to have with you!
When the water is very cold, you could get cramps or you can freeze up in cold water. So we’d recommend you to take a life vest
with you which will help you when you accidentally fall in the water!
At last it is very smart to take some extra gear with you. When you fall into the water we’d recommend you to go back to your home straight away! When you are at the extra gear, take them on and take a nice shower at home!
Paddle Board Outfit
When you are going out for a session in the winter, you’ll need an outfit. Not an outfit to look good, but an outfit to keep you warm. We’ll recommend you some products you should include in your outfit to keep you warm in the cold weather!
- As first, we’d recommend you to wear paddle board gloves. Neoprene gloves will keep your hands warm, and if possible, wear some with a bit of grip, to make sure that the paddle won’t slip through your hands!
- When it’s a bit windy your head can feel really cold, we’d recommend you to wear a neoprene hood to keep your head warm.
- A Long John can make sure that your body will stay warm, with a matching jacket or hoodie you will be able to paddle very easy and stay warm as well!
- When you want to stay completely dry we’d recommend you to use a drysuit but they will be more expensive and you’ll need to take care of it!
- At last we’d recommend shoes for paddle boarding. These shoes will make sure that your feet stay warm and that you have enough grip on your board!
After reading this blog, you know everything you need to know to hit the water when it is cold outside! See you on the water!