First time on a SUP?
9 december 2015
So you want to start SUP but you don’t know how hard it is or maybe you don’t know where to start. Well….SUPRISE! It’s so easy to learn and do if you know how.
If you follow the next 9 steps, you’ll be SUPping in no-time!
1. Set your paddle to the right length: stretch out your arm and make sure to set it to a length where you can still lay your wrist on top of the paddle.
2. Board your SUP & kneel on it.
3. Get a feeling of the SUP’s stability.
4. Stand up straight in de middle of your board, relax & slightly bend your knees.
5. Hold your paddle tight: to paddle left, your left hand is placed halfway your paddle and your right hand is placed on top of it.
6. Start paddling to the left of your SUP: stick the paddle in the water in front of you and use it like a lever until the paddle is parallel to your body again.
7. Repeat this movement three times.
8. Start paddling to the right of your SUP by performing steps 5-7 exactly the opposite.
9. You are now SUPING in a straight line, congratulations!