How to choose your wakeboard binding
First things first, what are wakeboard bindings? Bindings, like the name suggests, are the system used to connect or “bind' your feet to your wakeboard and are often referred to as wakeboard boots.
The following are the most important considerations you should take into account before buying wakeboard bindings. Wakeboard boots and bindings vary considerably in flex, the way they are attached, and how they fit. In this guide we will teach you all you need to know to guide you to the perfect pair!
Bindings fit is an extremely important part of the wakeboarding experience. Boots should fit snugly, but not so tightly that they are not comfortable. In general, most bindings are made to fit different shoe sizes (often called open toe
), while some of our more pro-level boots and bindings come in one size only (closed toe
- Open toe shoes provide generous space between your toes and the open water. Open-toe boots have the advantage that you can fit more shoe sizes into them than a typical close-toe boot can. If you're buying a single board, or are planning to share your board with friends and family, open toe boots are a great option.
- Closed-toe wakeboard boots offer a more precise fit, so you get more control, more leverage, and better heel-toe response. Closed toe bindings are usually meant for a specific rider or for riders with the same size foot. Closed toe bindings are also generally on the higher end of the spectrum when it comes to the ability of the rider.
Finally here are some tips and tricks to have the most enjoyable time on the water!
- Wakeboard bindings will stretch over time and mold to the shape of your feet, so remember this when trying them on or using them for the first time.
- Make sure your feet and boots are wet before trying on wakeboard bindings. If they are dry, you'll have a hard time getting them on!
- Try on lots of different types of bindings. Some boots are soft, others are more stiff or rigid. Taking into account your riding style will help determine what level of flex you prefer. Stiff boots are more responsive and give you more support through the ankle. Softer bindings allow more flexibility and are more forgiving, so they're great for beginners.
In short, Jobe has whatever you need to get you on the water! We believe in these products and use them ourselves and with our own families and friends and that's why we also back our Jobe wakeboard bindings with an incredible warranty which is among the best in the industry! Our product experts are available by chat or email 24/7 and will help you find the Jobe wakeboard bindings and boots for your individual needs, so you'll be sure to enjoy your time on the water!